Bake Sale Toronto
“Sweet Ride” Sweepstakes
Official Rules and Regulations
3 Bikes, 3 Ways To Win.
1. Fill out a ballot in any of the 3 Bake Sale Toronto stores located at 5230 Dundas St W, 3076 Bloor St W, and 2300 Bloor St W, Toronto Ontario.
2. ‘Like Us’ on our Facebook page facebook.com/bakesaletoronto.
3. On Instagram post a photo with any of our products using the hashtag #bakesalebike.
This contest is open to Canadian residents only and is governed by Canadian law.
1.The “Sweet Ride” Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 9 and ends at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 19, 2016, (the “Contest Period”). All times are Eastern Time (“ET”). The Contest is sponsored by Bake Sale Toronto, (“Bake Sale Toronto”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2.The Contest is open to all Facebook® and Instagram® users who are legal residents of Canada and age of majority or older in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry into the Contest (“Entrants”). Bake Sale Toronto reserves the right to require proof of age prior to awarding a prize. Employees of Bake Sale Toronto and members of their immediate families living in the same household are not eligible to enter. The contest is offered electronically via the Internet and in our stores. Entrants must have a Facebook or Instagram account (each a “Social Network Account”) to enter the Contest. Entrants who do not have a Social Network Account can create one by visiting www.facebook.com or www.instagram.com and following the sign-up instructions.
4.PHOTO/VIDEO FORMAT AND CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:Submitted photo must be the entrant’s original creation and not copied or reproduced in whole or in part from another work, never have been previously exhibited publicly or submitted in any other contest or promotion. Submissions must not include:
Names, home addresses, phone numbers, personal information
Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
Cursing, vulgarity, sexually explicit content, or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Bake Sale Toronto and/or the contest judges in their sole discretion.
Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules
Any identifiable third party products and/or trademarks, brands or logos (other than those of Bake Sale Toronto) or any depiction or description of Bake Sale Toronto products or services must not suggest inappropriate, unlawful, or dangerous use of the products or services. All photo submissions must comply with these official rules. By entering the contest, participants agree that they have read and understand the official rules, that they meet the contest eligibility requirements and that they agree to comply with and abide by the official Contest rules and the decisions of Bake Sale Toronto and the Contest judges. As a condition of entering the Contest each entrant warrants and represents that the photo submission does not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity, personality rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and will not give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever. They also warrant that they have obtained consent from everyone in the photo submission. If the submitted photo includes a Minor, parental or legal consent is required. Bake Sale Toronto reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not meet the requirements of these official rules or is unsuitable to be entered into the Contest for any reason whatsoever, as determined by Bake Sale Toronto and/or the Contest judges in their sole discretion.
5.There are (3) prizes available to be won consisting each of a Supercycle Cruiser Women’s 26” Comfort Bicycle from our display window with an approximate retail value of $179.99 as well as a 5” Bake Sale Toronto Sweetheart Cake with an approximate retail value of $22.00.
6.On Thursday, May 19, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. ET, a random selection of one (1) eligible entry from among all entries received in the ballet boxes in Bake Sale Toronto’s 3 stores, and one (1) entry received onFacebook and one (1) entry received on Instagram during the Contest Period will take place at Bake Sale Toronto’s Head Office , 5230 Dundas Street W, Toronto, ON, Canada. The selected entrant will be contacted by Bake Sale Toronto within five (5) business days of the selection to confirm his/her identity in one of the following ways: (1) by telephone or email as provided on their ballot entry; (2) by direct message to their Facebook account; (3) by direct message to their Instagram account. The selected entrant will be given instructions for contacting Bake Sale Toronto to confirm his/her eligibility. He/she must reply to the telephone, email, Facebook direct message or Instagram direct message within five (5) business days or he/she will be disqualified and Bake Sale Toronto reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential prize winner). Before being declared a prize winner the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, and complete, sign and return to Bake Sale Toronto a standard Declaration and Release form, confirming compliance with these rules and accepting the prize as awarded. At that time the winner will receive details about how his/her prize will be fulfilled. Winners must be able to pick up the prize at any of our 3 west end Toronto stores.Bake Sale Toronto is not responsible and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a selected entrant. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond to the notification of eligibility within five (5) business days of the date the notification is sent, cannot confirm eligibility, or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, that entrant will be disqualified. If a selected entrant is disqualified, one (1) alternate entry from the remaining eligible entries will be randomly selected to award that prize and the process repeated. If the alternate entrant is also disqualified, no further attempts to declare a winner will be made. If any correspondence or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited. In the event there is a dispute of an entrant’s Official Rules and Regulationsidentity, the prize will be awarded to the established social media account associated with the entry. All decisions of the contest judges are final.
7. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
8. The prize as described is non-transferable, non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. Unless otherwise stated, no substitution or transfer of prize is allowed except at the sole discretion of Bake Sale Toronto who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Bake Sale Toronto will not be responsible for any loss, theft or misuse of a prize. Prize must be picked up by the winner at one of our 3 west end Toronto stores. Any costs including, but not limited to delivery outside of Bake Sale Toronto’s stores are the sole responsibility of the winner and are not included in the prize, but may be available to the winner at his/her own expense. Bake Sale Toronto will be the final judge in this regard.
9. By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Bake Sale Toronto, which are final.
10. Bake Sale Toronto is not responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or delayed by computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading of any materials or participation in this contest. Bake Sale Toronto shall, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Web site or the administration of the contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any causes beyond its control, Bake Sale Toronto reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, including cancellation of the method of entry and selection of a winner from previously received entries. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules and Regulations.
11. Winner will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a standard Declaration and Release form confirming compliance with these rules and waiving any liability of Bake Sale Toronto arising out of the conduct of the Contest and the acceptance and use of the prize as awarded.
12. All entries become the property of Bake Sale Toronto. By entering the contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and winners consent to the use of their name, photograph, and image in any publicity which may be carried out by Bake Sale Toronto in connection with this contest without further notice or compensation.
13. The Bake Sale Toronto Facebook® Page and Instagram® account enable the submission of user- generated content. When providing content for the contest, you grant Bake Sale Toronto a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works, from, distribute, and display what you have written throughout the world in any media. You also grant Bake Sale Toronto the right to use the name you submit with the content, if any. Submissions and other content posted on the Bake Sale Toronto Facebook® Page or Instagram account reflect the opinions of the contest participants and in no way reflect the opinion of Bake Sale Toronto. Bake Sale Toronto does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on the Facebook® page or Instagram® account. Bake Sale Toronto makes no representation or warranty with respect to the Facebook® page or Instagram® account and assumes no liability for incorrect product information, mistakes, misinformation, falsehoods, profanity, obscenity, or other inappropriate material posted by any contest participant. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook® or Instgram®. You are providing your information to Bake Sale Toronto and not to Facebook® or Instagram. Facebook® or Instagram are completely released of all liability from each entrant in this contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to Bake Sale Toronto and not Facebook® or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for contest administration.
15. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Bake Sale Toronto reserves the right to cancel or amend this contest at any time.
16. Quebec residents please note: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.